Our client is a dynamic and progressive food & beverages SME with many years of experience in the FMCG sector. They develop and market products in various categories, including cookies, cakes, breakfast cereals, ice cream, fruit juices and more. All this under their own brands or under licensing with well-known brands from the entertainment and food industry. They are familiar with both local and international consumer markets, understands the wants and needs of suppliers and customers and translates these into strong product proposals or solutions.
They have the ambition to further develop and grow in new markets together with both current and new customers. To realize this they are looking for an entrepreneurial International business development manager.
What's in it for you?
- You have the autonomy in your region, of course in close collaboration with the general manager and in line with the long-term strategy of the company, but it's you who will be taking the lead. The region to develop is to be defined in alignment with the general manager and to develop like your own business.
- The company is active in different categories: cookies, ice cream, juices & different beverages. Which makes that you have a very attractive & differentiated portfolio.
- Personal development stands high on the agenda of the organization. This is more then just a job! The company facilitates a person who is driven to develop her/him self.
The International Business Development Manager is responsible for the commercial expansion and follow-up of the top retailers in his/her region.
He/she has total responsibility for the file of his/her customers and reports directly to the general manager.
- Stay up to date about what is happening on your market (competitors, retailers, products, suppliers, trends, etc.).
- Translate the market and customer insights into opportunities within existing and especially new retailers. You draw up the annual business plan for the brands per account, taking into account the objectives per brand, the evolution of the market and the internal objectives of the organization.
- Expand the category portfolio and build a strategic partnership and long-term sustainable relationships with your retailers.
- Drawing up and following up a clear action sales plan per retailer and negotiate the annual agreements with your retailers
- Working closely with various internal departments and external stakeholders. In addition, you are the day-to-day contact person, he/she is responsible for the correct flow of information to the customer and is a bridge between the various internal departments and the customer.
- Regular reporting to the general manager based on KPIs.
- Responsible for the P&L of each retailer within your portfolio, you take the lead!
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Advanced in Dutch and English
- French and/or German is also fluent
- Other languages are a plus
- You have at least 5 to 10 years of commercial experience selling to retail, export in an FMCG A-brand and Private Label environment - with proven track record. A couple of years in a Private Label environment is a Plus.
- You have thorough experience in working with numerical data (P&L, Nielsen, retailer figures...) and analyzing this data to arrive at insights & recommendations. The affinity with category management and trade marketing is there.
- You have a strong business knowledge and understands the dynamics, peculiarities and trends in Belgian or other international retail environments.
- You enjoy doing business and achieving results
- You are analytical, you can translate strategy and goals into a plan.
- Passion for people and able to connect
- Commercial and results-oriented ("hunter")
- Communicative and strongly customer-oriented
- Autonomy and sense of responsibility
- Listening to customer needs, negotiating and motivating
- Team oriented - go-getter - empathy
- You are able to work in an environment that is still changing, growing and in development.
Our customer is the local HQ of a famous multinational, that performs excellent in all markets in which it's active. It's a very stable company, which is market leader and is also part of a large group of building materials. Growth opportunities and internal education are not fiction but fact. Th...
BatenborcH International aims to be the most reliable partner in the recruitment of Sales, Marketing & Digital professionals. With offices in Paris, Brussels, Dusseldorf, Casablanca, the Nordics and Utrecht and the network of partners throughout Europe, we are market leader in Sales, Marketing & Dig...
Onderneming Onze klant maakt deel uit van een wereldwijd toonaangevende leverancier van informatieoplossingen voor professionele klanten in vele industrieën, met kantoren in Nederland (Amsterdam), het Verenigd Koninkrijk en de Verenigde Staten. Ze heeft zich snel gevestigd als de toonaangevende onl...