Our client is active in the cultivation (Spain, Portugal, Morocco), ripening, repacking and selling of berries, avocados, mangoes, asparagus and exotic fruit and vegetables.
The product is very vulnerable and has a short lifecycle. Because the art of nature has a big influence on the quality, the long distances between agriculture and sales point and the demanding customer, the challenge of the Key Account Manager changes daily.
- He or she trades daily with the retail customers and ensures that the volumes are placed at the best price for Special Fruit. Offering solutions that meet the needs of the customer. Conduct price negotiations with customers; negotiate contract terms and service level agreements.
- He or she consults daily with the purchasers about the evolutions in supply volumes and prices and adapts quickly to change, strong trading character
- Realization of distribution optimization and the realization of the revenue and profit targets for assigned key accounts; monitor these objectives and adjust if necessary.
- Initiate and develop relationships with customers, prospects, partners, suppliers, competitors.
- Obtain insight into business processes at the customer. Think together with the customer about ways to improve sales. Gain insights in the categories (category management), how the improve the product range, increase penetration and consumption at customer side and negotiate about deals, promotions and programs.
Bachelor degree or equal by experience.
Dutch: mother tongue.
French and English: considered as a plus
He/she can look back on a first successful sales experience as (Key) Account Manager (5-7 years) in the sector of fruit and vegetables.
He/she has experience with retail customers, existing network
He/she has experience with fruit and vegetables.
Flexibility is what you breath, you are never afraid of change
Clear view on the needs off the retailer, adapt to the retailer
Stay calm in stressful situation, pressure doesn't have a negative impact on your decision making.
In a way, you have a trader's mentality which allows you to make smart, quick and impactful decisions at the right momentum; you like the sales game.
You are a real team player, helping other and communicating internally is you're way of working.
He/she is extremely relational and capable of building long-term relationships, especially through the use of his/her communication skills and commercial attitude. Good negotiation skills are a must to ensure this long-term relationship.
He/she is a real team player, but can also work independently. Closely working together with purchase and adapting quickly to a changing environment demands a good stress resistance.
He/she has a passion for food and loves fruit and vegetables.
He/she works proactively and designs tailor-made solutions to specific problems and answers to-the-point to emerging trends. Analytical competences are a must to identify problems and tackles them by logic reasoning.
He/she has a dynamic attitude and can respond with punch to changes in a rapidly changing sector and environment.
Function : Account/Key Acc Mgr.
Sector : Fast moving Food
Antwerpen , Belgium