Our client is an Italian manufacturer of branded chocolate and confectionery products and it is the third biggest chocolate producer in the world.
As Category Manager you feel at home with in-depth analysis and are able to see the bigger picture that results from the data. You are responsible for developing and growing the plant-based category across all channels. You also identify and advise on optimal tactics - assortement, pricing, promos and shelf guidelines - and targeted investments for the assigned customers. These are based on - amongst other things - shopper insights in order to grow the category. In this position you report to the Sr. Category Manager.
- You monitor the category KPIs (distribution, rate of sales, penetration,…) and develop customer-specific recommendations for the category based on objective understanding of the customer
- You install data / business analysis sources and perform evaluations and ad hoc analyses for internal strategic decision making
- You identify and implement the optimal shelf presence, assortment logic, promos, pricing tactics and other factors across channels and shop format within each category to maximize category performance
- You act as an internal and external category consultant to customer marketing in order to ensure the full alignment between the category vision and the customer marketing strategy
- You act as an internal category consultant and guide the account management of the promo (and trade marketing fund) in order to ensure a full alignment between the overall marketing budget and the customer development plans
- You participate in category projects in close collaboration with all relevant - internal and external – stakeholders in order to make sure all marketing and business milestones are achieved
- You prepare / organize and attend local and international trade marketing meetings, reviews, events, forums, etc. to ensure that there is an excellent understanding of external trends and key industry structure
Fluent in Dutch, French and English.
KNOWLEDGE / EXP.
10 years' experience in the FMCG sector in category management and/or shopper insights.
Knowledge of the FMCG & Retail is a must (previous experience within the sector)
Highly motivated, stress resistant and ready to evolve in a high demanding environment.
Good analytical skills (work with facts & figures) and interpersonal relationship skills. Working closely and communicating efficiently with all the departments of the company (Sales, Marketing, Finance, …).
Function : Interim Manager
Sector : Consumer Goods
Anderlecht , Belgium