Our client is an international chemicals company and a well-known player within the market. They have several sites in Europe, with their own production and logistics facilities.
They are currently looking for a Sales Manager BeNeLux to reinforce their team.
Our client is looking for a Sales Manager BeNeLux. He or she will develop and manage a customer portfolio in line with the commercial and business unit objectives. He or she will achieve the commercial plan objectives in term of margin, sales and volume by applying commercially excellent practices. He or she will steer and coordinate activities concerning his or hers assigned customer portfolio with team members to achieve to set objectives for the perimeters.
- He or she ensures that Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) has top priority within his perimeter.
- He or she follows the SHE rules and lead by example.
- H e or she makes customer site safety visits in line with the business KPI's.
- He or she develops and manages a sustainable key customer portfolio in line with margin and volume cash contribution targets. This includes the development of a commercial budget, maintenance of updated information about (potential) customers, the planning and lead of contract negotiations with the objective to have solid, reliable and stringent contracts in place.
- He or she manages customer complaints and needs to ensure customer satisfaction. He or she leads the building in relations of trust with key deciders at key accounts to generate long term partnership and loyalty.
- He or she manages the contracts and pricing in his geographical scope. Therefore, he or she plans / manages volumes in close exchange and collaboration with customers, supply chain and the Area Sales Manager Germany / BNL.
- He or she proactively negotiates prices in line with margin targets, contributes to volume shift opportunities in order to optimize the overall margin and he manages credit and ensures cash collection performance with customer portfolio.
- He or she deploys Commercial Excellence methodologies and tools, develop and deploys Key Account plans, which involves the overall key account management and follow up of international customers, and will contribute to the business market intelligence needs.
Master degree, commercial education or equivalent by experience
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Knowledge of German and French is an advantage
KNOWLEDGE / EXP.
- Min 5 years of experience in a commercial/sales role preferably in commodity field
- Strong knowledge of selling skills including negotiation, contract management, forecasting and dealing with customers problems
- Ability to influence customers at highest level
- Ability to build strong personal relations
- Ability to understand and deploy commercial excellence practices
- Ability to analyse and understand market mechanics and technical influences in commodity markets
Function : Account/Key Acc Mgr.
Sector : Chemicals