Our client is an international market and consumer research company (qualitative and quantitative) with a state-of-the-art science approach and a multi-sensorial way of working.
The Senior Research Consultant is responsible for liaising with nominated client companies to profitably develop the company's business and increase the actionability & business impact of research conclusions and recommendations. He/she has prime responsibility for handling client contact through all stages and ensuring that the research results that are presented are have high business relevance, are very actionable and generate tangible business impact.
He/she will report to the Client Delight Manager.
- Business sparring partner:
o To take up a key responsibility as business sparring partner with clients.
o To work closely together with the qualitative research team to ensure that a business-relevant Qualitative Business Plan is developed, executed with the support from Sales & Marketing, Product Excellence, HR.
o To collaborate closely with all members of the quali teams: support, coach and inspire them. Bring new sources of inspiration in terms of identifying business needs and co-creating relevant tools with them.
o To lead all members of the company to a higher level of business consulting (Qual and Quant) and in particular bring conclusions and recommendations to a higher level in terms of business relevancy, actionability and business impact.
o To take, when requested, research briefs from existing clients, interpret the brief and clarify their business needs.
o To write research proposals, including costings and sell them to clients.
o To monitor fieldwork with clients and conduct fieldwork when required (groups, interviews, workshops, online communities…).
o To bring reports and in particular conclusions and recommendations to a higher level in terms of business relevancy, actionability and business impact.
- Result focus:
o To meet any agreed objectives on revenues and profit targets. To monitor actual performance against budgeted costs on all projects, taking any necessary remedial action to ensure accurate and timely execution of the research.
o To monitor client satisfaction (in particular in terms of business impact).
o To raise the company's quality standards and NPS.
- Bachelor or Master in psychology, sociology, anthropology, design, political/social science, economics or communication science.
- English: professional level.
- Dutch: good level.
- French: good level.
- Any other language would be a plus.
KNOWLEDGE / EXP.
- You have a wide marketing network and experience with different (types of) clients, especially with FMCG / retail.
- You have relevant (7-10) years of business experience in either market research or sales & marketing (at client's sides or agencies side).
- You have a strong interest in the qualitative side of market research (you might not have conducted fieldwork before, you do conduct workshops regularly).
- Any business development or sales experience will be seen as a big plus.
- You can lead people to a common point of view with your strategical business perspective, and your coaching skills helps to raise the business relevancy of conclusions.
- Towards the future you can further develop your managerial skills.
- You can easily connect with clients, understand their way of thinking, decision-making and acting. You have a feet on the ground extravert attitude and a clear drive in giving your clients advice they can instantly convert into business action.
- You're easy going, humorous, optimistic and you possess very good presentation skills.
- You're an inspiring and innovative thinker, who can develop strategies and concepts on a higher level, but can also implement them in the operations.
- Leadership & Vision
- Business Acumen
- Communication skills
- Analytical & Problem solving
Function : Account/Key Acc Mgr.
Sector : Mktg Consultancy Services
Leuven , Belgium