Our client is an international and innovation driven multinational consumer goods company that challenges the common and the normal. The market stylish and environmental friendly products. Driven by creativity they aim to pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
The Head of Brands is the key driving force in developing and implementing the local brand strategies and plans, in the context of a growing international collaboration. He / she is the passionate believer and animator of the brands and will search continuously how to market them on the local market. Every year, these plans will need to be agreed upon together with international management.
As Head of Brands, you are responsible for managing a team consisting of Brand Managers and Category Managers.
- Full P&L responsibility at product, category and total business level.
- Will develop the yearly marketing plan:
o Formulates the communication strategy
o Is responsible for prioritization of marketing investments across different mediums e.g. TV, radio, print, in-store… with the objective of achieving sales and profit goals
o Is responsible for prioritization of marketing investments across categories with the objective of achieving sales and profit goals
o Is responsible for the pricing and promo strategies on all product categories
o The advertising agency is seen as a major business partner which handles most of the campaigns (above & below) and is also involved in the business analysis and annual planning
- Ensures that the marketing strategies and plans are agreed upon and in line with the overall strategy.
- Ensures all activities are planned, monitored and carried out within the budget.
- Leads in-depth sales and market research analysis.
- Assists in the development and manages the launch of new products to enhance the current portfolio.
- Proactively conducts regular business assessment on the plans and recommends corrective actions where necessary. Proactively conducts regular assessment of the brand marketing mix, with emphasis on the positioning and recommends necessary actions to constantly increase brand consumer perceived value.
- Has a coordinating role for the different parties (both internal as external), in order to guarantee an optimal implementation of the marketing mix in terms of coherence, deadlines and efficiency for the product line, in line with the corporate guidelines and available means.
- Develops, motivates and coaches a team.
- Plans and controls media planning and buying and actively contributes to the media buying negotiations and to the overall media strategy.
- Is involved in the international divisional structure whereby new projects are installed, synergies evaluated and new opportunities proposed.
- Team management:
o Organisation: aligns his / her team to business evolution
o Recruitment: defines the profile of the candidate and is responsible for the selection of the final candidate
o Management: manages performance and development of his / her team
- Works closely together with several other departments.
- Master or Bachelor degree in economics, marketing, commerce (or equivalent by experience).
- French: professional knowledge
- Dutch: professional knowledge
- English: professional knowledge
- He/she should have a true passion for brands.
- He/she should have a strong personality, have a broad view on the world, be opiniated, but open to discuss and to review the own point of view.
- He/she should be a rising marketing star, ready to grow together with others, by inspiring and motivating them. He/she has to know what a brand stands for, how you can set up a story telling and how a brand can impact the lives of others.
- He/she should dare to be different and crazy. He/ she doesn't have to tick all the above and below boxes.
- He/she needs to have a proven track record in working with (FMCG) brands: brand building, customer insights research…
- He/she needs to be a true leader, having experience with people management, guiding teams and bringing individuals to a higher level.
- He/she should have an interesting experience in other companies and be willing to share this experience with others.
Function : Marketing Manager
Sector : Fast moving non food
Antwerpen , Belgium