Our client is an American multinational that provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the entire world.
The Competitive Intelligence (CI) Manager is responsible for the development & execution of competitive research & insights regionally. As a CI Manager, you will support decision-making and leverage this knowledge within the global Group while focusing regionally on the EMEA texturizing business. You are expected to enhance future competitiveness by producing intelligence that fosters well-informed executive decision making and support formulation of strategies, tactics & price setting. Building strategic insights while dealing with high degree of uncertainty is vital for this role.
Drive competitive intelligence
- Develop and maintain a systematic, analytical and structured approach of CI to guide key decision taking with regard to internal (sales) and external sources
- Nurture the human network and master the CI code of conduct while ensuring that the organization's intelligence & information gathering activities are undertaken using ethical & legal techniques.
- Advance competitor financial analysis and comparison, coordinate benchmarking and consolidate product/portfolio information, coordinate competitor game plan and SWOT creation.
- Support consolidation of market outlook including customer and segment trends including Total Market Analysis.
- Work with product line managers and with peers to consolidate the total view.
- Present recommendations based on appropriate data and disseminate information on a continuous basis.
- Utilise expertise and market research strategies to help identify opportunities for growth in an assigned market or business.
- Follow end markets or customer groups to support identification of present and futures market needs.
- Stay abreast of competitive activity & developments in opportunity growth areas and create a forward-looking view on impact on our business.
- Directing business insights to include social, technological, environmental, economic and regulatory factors.
- Disseminate information on a continuous basis to inform the organization and guide decision making.
University degree (Masters).
Fluent in English (verbal and written) with additional languages as an advantage.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in a business environment.
- Familiarity with food and beverage markets and knowledge of the product portfolio of the company.
- Project Management skills and strong Excel and web researching skills.
- Proven experience with initiation and supporting strategic processes.
- A deontological detective who gathers information in an efficient way and builds a story with it.
- Systematical, analytical and structured mind-set with an affinity to working with numbers.
- Quick learner with the capacity to move from broad to specific and vice versa.
- Team player and encourages constructive debate to build relationships with internal stakeholder.
- Flexible attitude and receptive to new ideas and approaches.
- Analytical, conceptual thinking
- Building relations
Function : MkgtResearch/Intelligence
Sector : Industry