As companies are rolling out Internet-of-Things applications, they notice that these IoT applications often operate in silos and don’t integrate well with existing IT back-end systems and cloud applications. This leads to inflexible solutions with high integration costs. Our customer is an award-winning IoT service orchestration platform that breaks down silos by connecting devices with SW applications and online services. It is a fundamental building block that transforms vertical, stand-alone IoT applications into end-to-end business solutions. It is deployed from the cloud, as a PaaS (platform-as-a-service) solution and has customer references in multiple verticals including smart home, smart building and industrial IoT.
To accelerate growth, our customer is looking for a hands-on B2B business development manager to join their team that is willing to engage on the long term and be part of the growth of the company. You will be responsible for executing the sales action plan, engaging with customers from plan to close.
- You are responsible for direct sales of our client their products with an initial focus on the smart home and smart building segments.
- You have an international mindset. You travel for in-person meetings with customers and build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships. This includes short business trips abroad (less than 25% travel though).
- You partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives. You manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- You effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- You understand vertical-specific ecosystems and trends. You monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to the team.
- You develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve sales targets and to expand the company’s customer base.
- You provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
- You own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts.
- Min 5 years of experience in B2B sales for cloud software products.
- Prior experience in a startup context is a bonus.
- You are knowledgeable about IoT, PaaS/SaaS, the API economy and SW integration.
- You are multilingual (English, Dutch, French, German is a bonus)
- You are hands-on and you can give product demos to customers.
- You take on full responsibility to execute the sales cycle from plan to close.
- You value teamwork and accountability.
- You have a demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- You can articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors.
- You demonstrate experience in developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions.
- You have excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Function : Sales
Sector : Ict
Ghent , Belgium