Our client is a well-established and renowned (the world's third largest) gelatin producer whose origins date back to more than a century ago. They produce a complete range of high quality acid and alkaline type gelatins and hydrolysates used in major food, pharmaceutical, health & nutrition, photographic and technical applications.
As part of the sales team, the Sales Manager Europe will achieve the sales objectives of the region (volume, price, contribution), he/she will be expected to reinforce the market share and ensure the sustainable growth. Furthermore, he/she will be responsible for first-line technical support to customers.
- Execute the defined commercial strategy and proactively provide suggestions for improvements and adjustments in relation to his/her experience and current market knowledge. He/she must be capable of driving the growth of the products, including providing input on the innovation of new products and services.
- Work towards achieving long term relationships with his/her customers, acting as the primary contact for his/her customer portfolio. The Sales Manager will be responsible for contract negotiations and price setting in his/her region with a view to developing turnover by achieving defined sales objectives. He/she will be expected to follow up on the financial status of each customer and also participate at trade shows.
- Consistently evaluate markets and new opportunities, and work continually towards the goal of finding new customers. Supplemental to making commercial offers, he/she will collect and process market data which he/she should share and discuss internally.
- Evaluate new customer and sales opportunities in line with the current process and strategic direction, and act in a rigorous manner as regards following up on new business opportunities and closing new contracts.
- Allocate the assigned volumes for the customers, negotiate the best prices and conditions, and advise internally the production team production on planning and forecasting.
- Inform the Customer Sales Representatives regarding customer agreements and complaints and follow them closely until their conclusions.
- Make sure that he/she follows up on complaints and assists both internally as well as represent the perspective of the customer in order to find the right solution.
- Assist customers with quality audits to provide an excellent product quality and service.
- Master degree in Bio Engineering or Applied Economic Sciences/Commercial Engineering.
- Fluent in English; French is also important.
- An ability to communicate in Dutch and Spanish would be a plus.
KNOWLEDGE / EXP.
- 10 years of relevant commercial experience (in the beauty and healthcare sector would be a big plus).
- A good commercial flair and derive satisfaction from finding new markets and customers. A business development spirit is a must.
- Be capable of building long term relationships where reliability, adaptability and creativity are the keywords.
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrate high levels of accuracy and be able to organize the business unit.
Function : Sales
Sector : Industry